Friday, June 20, 2008

Crash Test Bunnies


Personally I think I am a die hard bokka supporter. I would go to some length to see the mighty bokka play test rugby anywhere in the world but this Saturday’s game begs to differ. Can we really call Saturday’s game a TEST? Test rugby is an opportunity to see two nations battle it out on the battle field. Saturday will be just another training session for the boks..I would go even further to call it 'shadow rugby’!! What makes me more so upset is that ticket prices are still at ‘Test’ levels. Wouldn’t this be an opportunity to take the game to the people, I mean didn’t Mr. Hoskins use this exact line to get himself reelected?

So I'm I having a bad day and just taking it out at the passionate Azzuri?? I mean they went one better this year by not conceding the wooden spoon at the six nations by beating Scotland (who are a story for another day). The history tells us one thing..Lost, Lost, Lost, Lost, Lost to the Bokka….Now we have a THIRD rate Italian team, any guesses? I say 100 points..if not then the PDV needs to fire someone!!

Now that I have vented lets talk rugby…I am excited to see what Franscois “special one” Steyn can do at flyhalf. I like PDV explanation into why he went for the young utility back instead of Peter Grant:

“But I also have to do what’s best for the country, and I’m glad to say this is a rugby decision.”

Bobo is back after four years out of the green colors. We see him partner with his stomers inside center, Jean De Villiers. I am beginning to enjoy the big come backs this year and hopefully these guys can give back with to PDV with some huge games. Weather has been poor lately so let’s hope rain will not spoil the party this weekend. Good luck bokka..i don’t think they’ll need it.

Assistant Coach

No comments: